Monday, December 7, 2015

Sights and sounds of Winter/mgt

V is for violin


If you know me, you know I love music. The only person in our family that may love it more than myself, is my husband.

All of my children sing and play some kind of instrument (except my youngest).

Besides the fact that music can be uplifting, change your mood, and bring happiness into the home. It can also help with learning. It is proven that if you put something to music or in a song, you will remember it better than if you just try to learn it the normal way.  Playing music,helps with learning numbers,and counting. 

Today we talked about the violin. I play the violin so my daughter knows a little bit about it and how it is played.

She was excited to make her own violin out of chip board, and rubber bands.  However she was disappointed when it didn't sound like a real violin when she played it.









She got a little more excited about it when I turned on the CD of the month and let her pretend to play along with the string symphony. 

We also talked about the guitar. Instead of making our own play guitar, we just pulled out her dad's and had some fun with it. Counting the strings. Listening to the different sounds of the strings.

Did you know that a guitar has 6 strings but the violin only has 4?

We sang a song called Play Guitar

(Sung to the tune of Skip to My Lou)

Play, play, play guitar,
Play, play, play guitar,
Play, play, play guitar,
Play guitar with me.

Very simple and fun song to sing.

Add some actions to it and make change the word guitar to different instruments and see what happens.

No comments: