Monday, March 2, 2015

March-MGT

It's a new month and with a new month comes a new theme.
March's Theme is Blast off to Space

The sad part is...my fun Mother Goose Time curriculum box hasn't come yet :(
I didn't stress to much. I have taught this theme before. I went searching for my teachers curriculum book and didn't find. What did I do with it? I don't know.
I did however, find STARS that hadn't been used from last years theme-Nursery rhymes.

Today we talked about what things we might see in space. Sun, moon, STARS and planets.

We made shooting stars...and when they were dry, we made them go shooting in the air.
Sang Twinkle Twinkle little star

 We used markers to color our stars and then added water to them with a small dropper.  The paper is absorbent like coffee filters. Not sure were MGT got it. But it is fun.  The water made the colors bleed together and made fun stars.
                                                         


We then learned about the letter "S" Sang the silly snake song.
Each child practiced tracing the letter "S" on the iPad with Mr. pencil

Then we traced our names and the letter "S" on our own Smart paper.

The 4 year old children also did a whole worksheet.
Each child colored their Silly snake book to take home and reinforce the letter "S" and it's sound.

What a great first day of March.

www.mothergoosetime.com


No comments: